How GreenHouse Digital + PR helped a decorative shower drain manufacturer host a successful virtual product launch, in lieu of cancelled trade shows.
GreenHouse Digital + PR was asked to manage a product-launch media event for a linear and center-point drain manufacturer.
- Position the product as the leading total shower solution for both residential and commercial applications.
- Launch the client’s new product lines through targeted consumer design and shelter media, as well as relevant building-product trade magazines.
- Through trade media, communicate to designers, architects, facility owners and managers, as well as plumbing and mechanical contractors and engineers the new product’s unique selling proposition.
Traditionally, GreenHouse Digital + PR would recommend a media tour or trade show media relations to support a new product launch. But the COVID-19 pandemic hit and in-person trade shows and media tours were no longer an option.
The client decided to move forward with transitioning the live experience to a virtual one. GreenHouse Digital + PR had three months to help plan the event and bring it to life in a virtual environment.
This was the client’s first virtual product launch; therefore, they wanted to create a memorable experience for plumbing, construction, consumer shelter and design media. GreenHouse Digital + PR suggested a webinar format to ensure smooth event execution.
GreenHouse further recommended an effective mix of live and pre-recorded footage. Pre-recorded video allowed the client to present a deep-dive into the technical aspects of its new, versatile center-point drain and shower system. To that end, the client pre-recorded an installation demonstration by a technical application manager at their training facility.
The virtual media event also included one-on-one interviews with key trade media via Zoom Meetings. These half-hour conversations took place after the webinar presentation.
As this was the first time for the speakers to present during a virtual event, the GreenHouse team provided coaching and advice on how to successfully present in a webinar setting.
In just a few months, the GreenHouse account manager and digital team collaborated with the client to go from the initial concept to a fully-produced virtual event. Deliverables included:
- Strategic direction
- Scripting assistance
- Video output
- Detailed webinar presentation checklist and guidelines document
- Practice sessions and run-throughs
- Driving media attendance through one-on-one media outreach and follow-ups
- Setting up and hosting the event through the webinar platform
- Technical support before and during the virtual event
- Facilitating two-way interaction between the client and media attendees with features like Q&A and live chat
- Scheduling and facilitating one-on-one media interviews
- Post-event follow-ups and media kit creation
In their first-ever virtual product launch and within a niche media environment, our client was able to generate 26 media registrations and, subsequently, engage 19 key trade media editors with a 45-minute, online presentation.
Among the attending media outlets were editors and freelance writers from:
- Architectural Digest
- Architectural Record
- BNP Media (Plumbing & Mechanical, Supply House Times, PM Engineer)
- Building Design & Construction
- Connecticut Cottages & Gardens
- Design New Jersey
- Interior Design Magazine
- Kitchen & Bath Business
- Mechanical Hub
- PHCP Pros (PHC News, The Wholesaler, Plumbing Engineer)
- PRODUCTS for Residential Construction
- Professional Builder, among others.
Thanks to the virtual media event, this client subsequently secured a podcast interview, and multiple feature articles and product placements.
Participants enjoyed the opportunity to still have one-on-one interaction via Q&A, chat and one-on-one interviews within a virtual setting. The virtual venue allowed our client and attendees to have real-time interaction despite the pandemic.